Seeking full time Payroll Assistant to work Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm. This position will compile and record employee time and payroll data on a biweekly basis. Will post wages and deductions and prepare paychecks.
Other job duties include but are not limited to:
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, FMLA and personal leave, for employees.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Run payroll reports for HR Manager upon request
Position must be able to communicate with supervisors and managers on a regular basis on a confidential basis regarding payroll issues that may arise and timekeeping deadlines. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and work professional at all times.
Requires 10-key, knowledge of Paychex and ADP systems required, IDI Timekeeping, Human Resources and payroll background a huge plus. Excel, Microsoft Office A MUST.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or Accounting preferred. Only those with prior payroll experience need apply. MUST have 1 year of payroll experience.